When will parents learn that kids will do what they want regardless of what they say or do?

I mean, we can only teach kids so much for them to grow up to be respecable human beings, but at the same time they're still gonna wanna experience things in life whether it is good or bad. It doesn't mean that you would be deemed a good parent or a bad parent. It just means it's normal for kids after a certain age, to be curious and try things out for themselves. I think the best thing a parent can do by that point, is be open and talk to them about it, rather than trying to punish them. I certainly would have preferred that over my mom freaking or grounding me. I think I would have been wiser.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• The children will always have their personal choice, but I think kids listen more than parents realize.
    Anonymous

• There are way too many variables here, what exactly are you talking about? And how old of a kid are you talking about?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Mostly teenagers.
    Anonymous