birth control question

i just had a baby 6 weeks ago and just started a new pack of bc pills i have only taken 8 pills and had unprotected sex with my long does it take for the pills to kick in? ive heard a month but im hoping sooner.

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• about 2 weeks

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my doc said they start working right away!

• It's a month to be sure, but you are probably fine you are not in you ovalition stage if you only are eight days in to your cycle.

Answer by jeric at 3:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• a month

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It is a month. Your body is all off schedule after having a baby so there is no telling when you ovulated unless you did an ovulation predictor test. I got pregnant with my little one about 9 or 10 days into my cycle as was indicated by the ovulation predictor kit that worked like a charm. Keep an eye on things. This is my third child. I know my body and cycle changed after each pregnancy.

Answer by literacycoach at 12:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010