birth control question

i just had a baby 6 weeks ago and just started a new pack of bc pills i have only taken 8 pills and had unprotected sex with my husband.how long does it take for the pills to kick in? ive heard a month but im hoping sooner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• about 2 weeks
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my doc said they start working right away!
    Anonymous

• It's a month to be sure, but you are probably fine you are not in you ovalition stage if you only are eight days in to your cycle.
    jeric

Answer by jeric at 3:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• a month
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 4:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It is a month. Your body is all off schedule after having a baby so there is no telling when you ovulated unless you did an ovulation predictor test. I got pregnant with my little one about 9 or 10 days into my cycle as was indicated by the ovulation predictor kit that worked like a charm. Keep an eye on things. This is my third child. I know my body and cycle changed after each pregnancy.
    literacycoach

Answer by literacycoach at 12:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010