any dentists out there? or dental asst? need advice.

I am gonna go to the dentist soon, I have a huge gap between my bottom and top teeth in the front. I can't even bite a piece of lettuce and bite it evenly (like on a sandwich or whatnot)...I am wondering what they will suggest? will it be a complete frontal removal and dentures? I hope not, I'm 43. or would it be more likely braces??
I am missing a tooth on the top in the back and since that happened everything is shifting.

I am so self conscious to talk or smile.

just wondering if anyone had any ideas about what I can expect.

ilovedogs1967

Asked by ilovedogs1967 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Health

• I'm not a dentist or an asst but I can guarantee that they will not suggest pulling your teeth. Dentists do anything and everything in their power to ensure their patients keep their teeth. You aren't too old for braces and I'm quite sure that is what they will suggest.
    Anonymous