The last child on the bus

today my daughter came home on the bus, she is usually 1 of 5 children getting off at this stop, however today the other children for one reason or another were picked up by their parents. so my little 6yo girl was on the bus by herself with a bus driver i never saw before...I am sure these drivers are pre-certified but still freaked me out a bit to see her on this big bus with the guy i don't even know....would this bug anybody else or am i a "worry wart"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It would bother me too. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It wouldn't worry me because bus drivers can't be there 100% of the time due to sickness or family emergencies. I'd be more worried if the bus was late because they had to wait til one driver ran their regular route before driving your daughter's route.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No, it wouldn't have worried me. Someone's kid is always the last one of the bus. Especially around here seeing they drop each child off at THEIR HOUSE and at times it can be a mile or more to the next house.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We're the last bus stop. There are days when kids are out sick or picked up from school for some reason that *a* kid is the only one on the bus. Of cousre the stop prior to ours is just around the corner and I can hear the bus coming down the street behind us.

To answer your question though - someone is always the last stop which means there's a chance someone is going to be the only one on the bus. It's happened to my son before. (Not this year as my DD is also on the same bus so there's always at least two of them) and it's happened to our neighbors daughter the days my kids had programs in late afternoon and I drove them home. It never was a worry. It's simply the way the bus route worked out that day.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i would be worried too. you can never be too careful
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• honestly it would not bother me
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It would bother me. I don't trust any strange men around my little girl.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Someone needs to be the last one off the bus.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I totally agree...never really thought about it that way that someone has to be the last one off the bus....oh well alls well that ends well...HAVE a GREAT SUMMER bus students...LOL
    Joeydollbaby

Answer by Joeydollbaby at 12:45 PM on Jun. 24, 2010