Is it normal to feel a little depressed after sex?

I am married, but something in me felt a little sad last night. The first thing I did was go eat some reeses cups. And I realized as long as I am married I will not be able to do things for myself. Nothing will ever be for me again. I was seriously sad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I wanted to go get some Mcdonalds, get sokme new clothes, or just stay up late and listen to my music! Life is hard for me right now.
    Anonymous

• that is not normal.... what do you mean by you won't be able to do things for yourself?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• maybe you are depressed.... or feel trapped?
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Sounds like you are still getting used to married life. Things change when you get married, but you dont have to loose you b/c of it. Is he fulfilling you in the bedroom dept or is it all just about him? That could play a role in all this and might be while you feel sad afterwards. Its ok to be married and still have a life. You are not just Mrs,,,whoever, you can still be you.
    Anonymous

• I have felt that way before. After sitting and talking with DH about it, we realized what we both felt that way. The reason was that we didnt' feel "connected" in that way anymore. It was more of a ok the kids are in bed lets get this done type thing. After talking we decided that NO matter what we were going to make time for ourselves as a couple and as individuals. I spend MY time on the computer messing around in my groups or culred up in teh bed with a good book. He spends HIS time messing around in the yard or working on a vehicle. We spend OUR time together cuddling on the couch/in bed, talking about EVERYthing, and being open and honest with each other. We make sure that we have sex at least once a week that isnt' "forced" or rushed. We put the kids to bed early, take a shower together and then cuddle in bed and see what happens. Most times we don't make it out of the shower to the bed LOL
    Anonymous

• it doesnt seem normal to me unless your dis satisfied with him or you have something 2 feel guilty about gl!
    Anonymous

• There is a ton of intimacy in our relationship, I like it, but want to be good at something other than just sex. I am unsure of what I need.
    Tonight I plan on spending time on the phone with my friend and talking. He plans aon hanging around his friend while I talk to mine. Just to give us some time to ourselves.
    Anonymous