How old would your kids need to be for you to feel comfortable leaving them while you go on a 4 day cruise?

I graduated highschool in 1990, so it's been 20 years! My highschool friends are planning to go on a 4 day cruise in the fall to celebrate. Most of them have older kids, but two of mine are still little. I think my husband will be ok with it if I decide I want to go, but I'm not sure I can leave my little ones for that long; I've never even left them for one night!

So, how old would your kids need to be before you would feel ok leaving them to go on a 4 day cruise?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• almost 3 yr old twins with your husband and teenaged daughter....as long as your daughter isn't left to do too much of it by your husband - go have fun! He is the father after all and should be able to watch his own children with no problems.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think my youngest would have to be about 4 years old and I'd have to be sure whoever was keeping them could handle it!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You might have to wait until they are married or go away to school to really feel comfortable, find someone you can trust and go enjoy yourself!!!!!

Answer by older at 4:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thanks! My twins will turn 3 about a month before the cruise, and my husband and teenage daughter could manage without me for a few days.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• 35. I cant leave him til he's at least 35! Ok, not really. I d say probably 4ish? Thats if his dad or family was watching him. If it was anyone else, I dont think I could leave him til he was MUCH older.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think it matters the age, just as long as you are comfortable leaving them with whoever you are leaving them with. Go and have fun, we deserve it every once and awhile.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My kids were 20 months, almost 3 and 4 when me and my husband took a week long trip in 2004. They stayed with my sil and I had no problem with it. I needed a break.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Maybe a week old? My mother took my two week old for several days. I would have no issue as I don't have separation issues from my kids. I know they will be taken care of and have fun whether they are with DH or my mother.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• For 4 days? Probably around 2, 2.5. We're planning ngoing to Hawaii for a week and having my mom and MIL come take care of our daughter when she is around 3.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i would leave my kids with any of their grandparents for 4 days as long as they are not breast feeding and they are sleeping through the night.
    i would never leave teenagers alone while i went away...too many stories of parties, too easy to get into trouble!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010