Why do Christians who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture not want to discuss the other positions about the end times?

I am a Christian who does not take the Dispensational view of the end times; specifically I don't believe in a pre-trib Rapture. My position on the end times IS based on Scripture, but when I try and discuss this with someone who supports the pre-trib rapture (or Dispensationalism), they don't want to hear the other viewpoints or the Scripture to back them up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib....has been debated and will continue to be debated until Jesus comes.... I say just be ready whenever He returns.. whether it is pre, mid, or post..
    Anonymous

• btw - those who believe in pre-trib or mid-trib also have scriptures to back it up... so again, just be ready for the day whenever it happens.
    Anonymous

• In my experience, most religions are like that. They like to pick and choose which verses they beleive in and try to sweep everything else under the rug. Good luck trying to have a real discussion with any of them!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My argument against the Dispensationalist's view is the belief that the Israelites in the OT were saved by works. I don't really care when Jesus comes as long as I am ready.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• idk nothing about what the bible says "exactly" but i did get into a discussion with my grandmother the other night about how the world would end. She says that God leaves rainbows to remind us that the world will never be destroyed by water again...my comments on that were..."oh, he only wants to destroy some of the earth with water still".. She says the next time Earth is destroyed it will be by fire. Who knows
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Whaaaaaat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The end of the world has never been something I l;ike to think about. Not due to agreeing or not with someone, but it just sopunds terrifying. I know I'm not a perfect person. Even if I were good enough to be saved, I don't want to see others being destroyed... I just don't like to think about it!
    earthmama727

Answer by earthmama727 at 3:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am curious, what is the significance to you?
    If they are wrong, and you are right, or I am right and none of it is real- Do you truly believe that this event will occur in your life time?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i am open to the discussion.but i want to make sure i understood the question correctly first.
    Do you mean ,you believe we will live through the tribulation before the rapture occurs?? if so, i hae often thought about it.and finally have came to the conclusion, that it doesnt matter as long as i am born again.though um, since i am a wimp, i really hope the rapture happens first
    Kiki_pie1979

Answer by Kiki_pie1979 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 24, 2010