I have a question about inducing labor.

I know I probably should be asking my doc about this, but I wanna ask you guys first just to see if it may be possible. This is my second pregnancy and my dd is Nov. 25. My daughters b-day is Nov. 30. On top of that when I'm suppose to give birth is Thanksgiving. We go see my hubby's parents on Thanksgiving we only get to see them about once a year. I was induced with my first one due to her bladder complications. I was just wondering is there any way that my doc would induce me at 38 wks instead so their b-days aren't so close together and me not give birth on thanksgiving I kinda feel like I'm going to be alone as if nooo family would come cause they're busy with there family. I mean seriously is that a logical reason to ask the doc to induce me at 38 wks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Most likely your dr wont induce you just for your convenience.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i doubt your doc would.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You could always just ask. With my first I was asking my doctors a question about being induced. Not really even trying to say I wanted to be. He ends up asking what I think about having the baby that coming Monday!
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• that is a great day, my DS's birthday :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• most drs wont induce b4 39 weeks due to several reason unless its an emergency.
    i got my dr to induce me at 39 weeks b/c my husband was leaving to go overseas. and it sucked. i wish sooo badly i would of waited. but oh well. u can discuss options with ur dr but id suggest wait if u can.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If your doc is work his/her stuff s/he will NOT induce for such an asinine NON-reason.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Every doctor is different. Most do not induce unless it is for medical reasons. However, I was induced for my 4th child 1 week early since we were going to a Family Reunion in Arizona (I live in New York), and the baby had to be 1 week old to fly. My doctor's knew about my plans well in advance and it was something we had discussed many times before my due date came along. Talk to your doctor about your concerns, it's hard to say whether they would induce you or not.

Best of Luck!!
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 4:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No-it is not a logical reason. I had my daughter on thanksgiving day five years ago. It was actually a great thing. My water broke at 5am and we called family and friends. Everyone came to the hospital then ran home when the turkey was done-ate REALLY fast and came back. It was great having everyone there and now we have a wonderful holiday memory. My daughter still tells everyone she is a "turkey baby" when they ask her what her birthday is. Just go with the flow and let the baby decide when it wants to make its grand entrance.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I hope your doc has the good sense NOT to induce you for such reasons.

My oldest DD was born bright and early CHRISTMAS morning. ALL of our friends and family that love and care for us were there to welcome her into the world. If the family in your life won't skip Thanksgiving to welcome your new little one, at least you'll have the most important person there...YOUR HUBBY.

There is nothing wrong with their birthdays being close together...Over time you get creative and find ways to separate their Bday parties, and make it special for both of them. One of my good friends has two boys, 4 years apart, BOTH born on March 23rd. It's comical more than anything. Besides - hospitals have better food around the holiday's!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• That is a good day, my b-day is Nov 25th. I just thought I would share a story. My SO's brothers wife was induced at 37 1/2 weeks do to pre-eclampsia. They gave her pitocin and after 12 hours of labor and then another 8 of pushing they told her that she would have to have a c-section because the baby wasn't ready to come out. Well she refused so the dr said she could have 1 more hour. WELL right at an hour she delivered her DS, small & terribly bruised. He was breathing fine but had extremely low blood pressure and other problems just from being induced. She was induced for medical reasons and things wrong because her baby and body wern't ready to deliver. I believe the baby ended up beingin NICU for a week and a half. I think you should let your baby come when ready, who know, maybe it will b ready a couple weeks early or late so it doesn't interfere with your holiday. My DS came 2 weeks early on his own so who know! GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 4:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010