Where are you going on vacation this summer?

And if you're doing a "staycation" what type of things are you planning?

We are taking a 6 week vacation. Thankfully DH has a lot of military leave saved up, so we can afford to do so. We are driving from WA to TX to visit family. The drive to and from will take 6-7 days round trip, so we will have about 5 weeks once we actually get there. We are planning on being in San Antonio, going to Schlitterbahn and the Riverwalk and all that for a week, then we'll visit family in different areas, and then finally to a really nice lake house timeshare for a week. SOOOO looking forward to it!!!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 4:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We are going to Kentucky to visit family. We will be going for 4th of July. I'm excited because I need some time away from drama.

Hope y'all have fun.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 4:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Spending a week in Branson. We usually go to Gulf Shores, but, nixed that this year. LOL We are going to Silver Dollar City, Ripley's Museum and Titanic Museum...plus shopping at the outlet malls.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Never been to Kentucky. I've been to or through about 1/3 of the states, hoping to see all of them someday lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Myrtle beach when we PCS to D.C..
    Anonymous

• Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Well, kids are out with their friends and I got a glass of ice tea. Here I am! Im off work for two weeks and Im just relaxing. Maybe I should add a polynesian feel to my computer area, maybe get a little umbrella for my ice tea glass. Do not bash me, I never get time on the computer with teens! This is my staycation!
    Anonymous

• my honey is stationed in tx for 8weeks(GO ARMY!)so me and the kids are hauling tail to TX for fourth of july weekend....i am so excited and cant wait to see him
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Lol, sunflower39346, San Antonio or somewhere else? A word of advice if you are going to San Antonio, DO NOT TRY TO GO TO SEAWORLD ON THE 4TH OF JULY....bad choice lol! It was SO crowded last time we did that, we could hardly walk and the little ones almost got separated from us in the crowds. But the fireworks show was amazing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I hope to go to the beach multiple times and at least once for a week.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Just got back from a wonderful week at Cape San Blas, Florida. The water was crystal clear and the perfect temp.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010