His bad mood is pissing me off today and bringing me down. How do I stop this before we're both pissy and at each other's throats?

My husband is grouchy today (his day off) because he got up with our daughter who is on an "I won't eat anything you offer me" kick. It annoyed him and now he's all grumpy. I WAS in a good mood until I've been sitting in his negative vibes for the last couple hours. He won't talk, won't interact, just wants to sit and play WoW. It's seriously pissing me off, because we get so little time together and I was hoping to have a really good day today.

I can't leave the house. What can I do to stop his bad attitude from ruining my mood for the rest of the day?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally, I would just leave him alone, except to smother him with kindness....bring him his coffee/tea/beer, make a nice dinner, what ever makes YOU feel good.

If he doesn't respond positively to these gestures, you can say things like "you know, when I feel in a rotten mood, I like it when you bring me a coffee...what do you like?"

Saying how YOU FEEL with NO blame can help. "honey, I feel upset that you are not wanting to spend time with me right now. I don't want to get in a bad mood, but I feel that you sitting there vegging is really saying that you don't want to spend time with me, and this makes me sad and hurt. I hope that I don't respond to your mood with negativity, because I could see this becoming a vicious circle. I understand if you just want to play your game, but i thought you should know how I feel."
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 4:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• This is a hard time my husband and I went through this too. Sleep deprivation really gets to people. Try to sit and talk about something positive and put the hard feeling aside. Maybe take the baby out for a walk or to the beach if your near one. You would be so surprised what getting some fresh air will do for you.

Anonymous

• Oh Im so sorry that just sucks! My ex and I had the same day off, thanks to him adjusting his schedulr and he used to drive me crazy! Not saying you should leave your dh,,just saying I remember it. Do you have a backyard? How bout going outside with dd to play. Let him deal with his bad mood all by himself, when he see's that you guys are out and moving on, maybe he will snap his sorry butt out of his grumpy mood. Either way, you guys get some fresh air and enjoy some time together. :)
    Anonymous

• Go have sex! Like right now! That usually makes us both feel better.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• if u can id jsut stay away from him. watch tv in a different room. try and keep the kids away from him and quiet. jsut let him be pissy. this si what i do. or i will tell him to just leave and come back when hes in a better mood. : / sad i know. but i cant deal with three kids and his bad ass moods. maybe try making his favorite dinner or getting him somthing to drink every now and then to let him know u still care. but u just dont want to deal with him.
    Anonymous

• Aqua, that's what my instict tells me, but he WILL NOT have sex if he's in a bad mood. Period lol.

It's too hot here to play outside, but the library is open... maybe my daughter and I will go and find some books.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with aquajen...sex!

Wait until your LO goes down for a nap, then take off your clothes and entice him away from WOW. If he still doesn't want to get off the game, start playing with yourself so he can see. Men can NOT resist a woman pleasing herself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think that will work for my husband, unfortunately, SleepingBeautee lol.

I'm rethinking "I cant leave the house"... maybe we can afford the trip to the library lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Bake some cookies and invite him to taste test? If that doesnt work, I got nothing. Food and sex are what works in this house...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 4:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2010