Does anyone else have an uptight husband?

What do you do with them. He looks at our children so bewildered sometimes. Just seems his passions are so much more for his sports and his schooling and his dreams. I feel alone being mom, Men and women seem so foreign. Atleast me and my husband.

turtleof3

Asked by turtleof3 at 2:32 AM on Sep. 28, 2008 in General Parenting

• I WENT OUT TO DINNER WITH MY 17 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER TONIGHT AND HUBBY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A YEAR. SHE WAS SQUEELING (EXCITED NOT CRYING) AND EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW CUTE SHE WAS. HUBBY ON THE OTHER HAND WAS EXTREMELY UPSET BY ALL THE "NOISE" SHE WAS MAKING. HE IS EXTREMELY UPTIGHT. I AM TOO THOUGH WE JUST SEEM TO BE UPTIGHT ABOUT DIFFERENT THINGS. I AM UPTIGHT ABOUT THE HOUSE BEING CLEAN AND HE IS UPTIGHT ABOUT MAKING A PERFECT IMAGE IN PUBLIC. MEN AND WOMEN ARE VERY DIFFERENT, HONEY YOU ARE NOT ALONE. THESE KIND OF THINGS ARE THE WHOLE PERSON OF "CAFEMOM." ITS SO WOMEN CAN VENT AND GET ADVICE FROM OTHER ~WOMEN~. GOOD LUCK. TRY TO FIND SOMETHING YOU CAN ENJOY WITH HIM. EX. TRY WATCHING ONE OF HIS SPORTS WITH HIM AND PRETEND TO BE INTERESTED. HE WILL APRECIATE THE EFFORT AND WHO KNOWS YOU MIGHT EVEN ENJOY THE TIME WITH HIM. ANOTHER THING ~ TRY TO GET HIM TO GO TO THE PARK WITH YOU AND THE KIDDO.
    alicia_4307

Answer by alicia_4307 at 4:36 AM on Sep. 28, 2008

• Men are made that way or at least that 's what I think. My husband is the opposite and never worries about anything and that makes me mad sometimes. Bills don't get paid (that's the worst that can happen..he says) and his favorite thing to say is "such is life'. I worry about almost everything major but not the small stuff. If you worry that makes them worry less, or that's how it is with us. Just do what you want and he will either start being more attentive to you or he will be the one losing out. take care and good luck
    d387savannah

Answer by d387savannah at 6:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2008

• I think your husband lost his twin and can have him back. LOL. my husband is self centered and thinks he doesn't have to watch the kids. i feel alone in this one too.... Hang in there. I'm here for you if need
    mshatch0613

Answer by mshatch0613 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 28, 2008