who do u choose?????

its not that im actually having to choose but sometimes thats what it feels like. my dh does not get along with my family that well and i also do not like his that well. we have been together for along time and during that time ive learned to jus get along with his family not because i want to but because they are HIS FAMILY and i love him and i respect him, but he doesnt do it in return for me. its like he goes out of his way to be rude and argue with them. has any one else gone thru this??? what should i do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• tell him to knock it off. it's imature and rude to you and the rest of your family. usually when your family doesnt like someone there is a reason.
    Anonymous

• It's a guy thing. You can't do anything about it. Just accept it. If they don't like him anyway it won't matter. They probably ignore him as it is. Just tell him to not pick on any kids in the family.
    Anonymous

• Mine kinda ignores BOTH of our families! And, it's like pulling teeth to get him to let me have a family get-to-gether no matter what side I wanna invite!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would choose DH and he would choose me. When we first got married his Mother HATED me. It got to the point where he told her flat out, either she accept me as his wife and stop with the remarks and such, or we would have to cut her out of our lives. Thankfully she "grew up", and we get along great now.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2010