bleach in a wadding pool at night?

Some one told me that a cup or two of bleach in the water every other night will help keep it clean and is safe because it evaporated by the time they go in it again...any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My MIL does this. It is not enough bleach to cause any harm.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 5:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• A cup! no,maybe a teaspoon.Keep it clean by covering it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with butterfly, not a cup but a teaspoon or two should be okay. Last year my pool was getting the better of me due to the rain and the trees over my pool the chemicals were killing me financially, so I just went and bought a couple of bottles of off brand bleach and poured in there. It cleared my pool up and I was able to get the water balanced after that.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Oh I would just like to add that I did not put ALL of the bleach in at the same time and I have 10,000 gallon pool.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree - I wouldn't do a cup. The last place we lived we had a hot tub and we had to add stuff to it, one of the things basically being bleach. We only added what worked out to be about a cap full or so.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:11 AM on Jun. 24, 2010