How to make this easy for our son.....

We have a 2-1/2 year old son who is having sleeping issues for the past 6 months. Ped/DR think from other signs or symptoms that he's showing early signs of having anxiety ( which are highly likely since me and his daddy both have it ) but we are putting our house up for Sale in a month and we are also going to move him to a new daycare for a different reason.. should I switch daycare now or switch when we get an offer on our house? or would both of those switches at once be too much for a 2-1/2 year old who needs and craves routine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm sure that both will result in some stress. You might try making his new room more fun so that he looks forward to going there. You could also start a new bedtime routine with the new house - read to him until he is asleep and slip out quietly every night.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would introduce one new thing at a time. I know it's rough for our kids when we move with the military because they're thrown into everything all at once, new school, new friends, new house, everything. So if I could do it slowly, I would. One thing at a time.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Kids are VERY resilient.. He will be fine with the change.

My family has moved many times and my kids did just fine.

Don't make a big about it, just let him know ahead of time. Tell him you are starting a new adventure and have fun with it. I told my kids we were starting a new chapter in our family storybook.

Would would talk about the move new house, new friends we wouldmake, etc.

We would draw pictures, make up songs about together.

YOU WILL BE FINE, trust me.
    Anonymous