show of hands.....

who here would try to rekindle a relationship with someone they had when they were 13?

even after 3 kids,6 grandkids and 32 years of marriage to another man?

not me, that's for sure

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• THIRTEEN?????? Yikes. I had my first relationship in college at age 20 but then I didn't even sleep with him....yes,I know,hard to believe.... and finally "lost it " when I was 23 and engaged.
    13?????
    Holy cow......
    Anyway, no.
    Anonymous

• maybe if he wasn't married and i wasn't then yeah why not. but if i was still married....NO
    Anonymous

• op here- they're both married & dude has already cheated on his wife once
    Anonymous

• depends!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I tried this at about exactly this time last year. My ex bf of 20 yrs ago came back into my life. I wasnt 13, but still when I dated him I was young and single. Now Im divorced with two teens. He just couldnt get it. I have this whole life now, so different from the young girl I was back then. Im still me, but in a different way. IDK..anyway it only lasted about 6 months and I broke it off. He originally broke up with me way back when and broke my heart. Who was to say that wouldnt have happened again to me?
    Anonymous

• If both were single and free and ready to mingle...sure I would.
    But you say they are both married...that is just not okay in my book.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• OPHERE
    i just don't understand it i guess.. how can you love someone when you're 13? and think you love when you are 47? my mom is the "lady" in question..... i found a letter she wrote him and part of it said "maybe it won't be too much longer and i can hold you again" WTF does that mean? is she waiting on my dad to die b/c he's in really bad health or what? i'm so mad! and when i ask her about it she keeps lying to me
    Anonymous

• No. My precious children would be devastated! I would also, by God's grace, never humiliate or hurt my husband that way. My dad left us, divorced my mom, and let our home be forclosed, because he left to be with another woman who he's been secretly seeing for 14 years. It's a horrible thing to do to anyone, and I don't see how these men who cheat can still call themselves "men". Cheating's no companion for a real ladies' man!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 5:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No thank you. I fear I didn't have the same level of expectations in what made a man a "man" when I was 13 years old.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Depends on the situation. Are you still married? If not, why not try a new friendship with someone you liked in the past. As long as you both are single. What is it going to hurt? If anything, you can always be friends IF you want to be. No big deal.
    Anonymous