so should i actually start talking to him, or continue with the silent treatment?

when SO and i argue he is impossible. he will do and say anything to make himself sound right about the situation, no matter what it is. this morning, the baby wanted to play with but daddy was sleeping, so the baby gets in the bed and does some wrestling move that he and his dad do quite often when playing, only daddy was sleeping, so he gets pissy and spanks the child (basically for disturbing his sleep) and i got pissed bc the baby (2) didnt do anything worth getting a spanking for, and that dad shouldnt be spanking him for something that they do together all the time, so he gets pissy with me bc he says i should have been trying to keep the baby away from him so he could sleep, never mind the fact that HE was supposed to get up early and take DD to camp, or that i had already gotten both kids up fed and dressed, and was about to leave and take them with me so he could have peace. but i got screamed at, so im not talking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Well, as someone that RECIEVES the silent treatment from significant other..I can say I HATE IT!! lol
    But in your case, its understandable. If you feel that you are ready to talk to him about the situation without it turning into a big fight, I would say try talking to him. Maybe he was just grouchy because he was tired...even though thats still NO excuse for his behavior. He should apologize to you and to the baby. and realize that his actions were wrong, he made a mistake.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Is this the same daddy that hit the 2 yr old in the face this morning for trying to play with him? I wouldn't be silent until the jerk got up, packed and moved out. I wouldn't let him around my child again.
    Anonymous

• Acting childish solves nothing. SOmetimes Dh gives me the silent treatment and it really hurts me.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would ask him what did he get out of spanking the kid and after I would say to him he is your child 24/7 and this is not right you would discourage a baby from wanting to be with you? Hope you lo is okay? GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• OP HERE - yes the kid is ok, he went right back playing with daddy as soon as we came home, me on the other hand i am not that forgiving, especially when he chooses to act like nothing happened
    Anonymous

___

I was going to ask the same thing... sometimes when my hubby and i argue and he is clearly in the wrong i will wait until he figures it out for himself and apologizes and sometimes i will continue to demand that he admit his wrongdoing. i find it least stressful and most effective to let him calm down and come to me with an apology or at least until i can tell he is ready to heart me without being defensive.

but really if you are that poster from earlier... you're both in need of some serious help.
    Anonymous

• have you guys considered trying to comminicate...he was totally out of line but what does the silent treatment do to help what he did and how you feel??
    Anonymous