How much should my 5 month old.....

Be eating? He is a formula baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whatever he eats is fine. You can do baby food and formula or you can just do formula. They is no rhyme or reason to what a child will eat.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• do you give him baby food yet too? he's big enough to start....as long as he's eatingenough to get full and be happy, that's how much he should eat
    Anonymous

• ******** I do food as well... I gets some kind of veggies with cereal at night... He is eating 6oz... My friend son who is the same age is eating double what my son is... So, I wasn't to sure so I thought I'd ask here.
    Anonymous

• He will eat until he is full no matter what you do so you're fine there. My son is 5 months and has several 4oz bottles a day and some cereal with fruit in the morning and veggies in the evening/afternoon. He also weighs 18lbs so he is a bit on the hefty side but is healthy as can be. He will definitely let you know when he's not hungry anymore. I wouldn't worry about overfeeding unless he starts vomiting right after he's finish.. that's a problem.
    hazelnutx

Answer by hazelnutx at 5:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• He should be eating however much he wants to thats my opinion. Hes only 5 months old so if hes hungry then feed him/
    Anonymous

• I have a 6 month old now but...
    When she was 5 mo, I would give her a jar of baby food with or without cereal mixed in once per day. She would get 6-8 oz of formula about every 2-3 hrs.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• 24 to 32oz a day :) Plus food to his liking.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• *OP* Thank you everyone for the post... I got a little worried there. My son is 14lbs (50% for his age), and looks smaller from what people have said so I wasn't to sure... His doctor calls him muscle baby cause he has so much muscle to him... I have a mother in law who calls him a fat over weight baby... so I wasn't sure. I am a first time mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010