???

I took vitex starting 6/4 and started what I believe was af on 6/12 which was only spotting like I would only have drops of blood on a panty liner each day for 6 days. Before my last son was born I would have a mod flow for 3-4 days (sorry if tmi) but now I am wondering if this was af or not. If not when should I test? I took the vitex to bring on af so dh and I can ttc since I am still nursing my son who is 11 months. thanks.

jombmomi

Asked by jombmomi at 5:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Test and find out
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 12:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• The vitex takes longer than a week to work properly. Most vitamins take about a month. I would think the culperate is probably BFing. The hormones it produces effect how your cycle works. Are you exclusively BFing? Or is he at the breast only a couple times a day? For some reason that messes with it too. That may be all your AF is going to be for a while. Vitex I've heard also produces more breast milk, just an FYI in case you start getting engorged :-) GL hun!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am only nursing a few times per day. Now my milk has gone down a lot within the last 3-4 days. Still no AF.
    jombmomi

Comment by jombmomi (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010