Am I PMSing or do I have a right to be this upset? My son is graduating from highscool tomorrow and my husband plans on leaving right after the say his name.

I plan on taking pictures and going out to eat after and he says that he has to get back to work. He can work whatever hours he wants. I am so upset about this that I keep getting teary eyed and I'm not sleeping very well at night either. My heart just breaks for my son, I plan on not saying anything to my son and just let him form his own opinion about his father.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• You and your son deserve his fathers full attention on the day of this milestone! You should be having a party and inviting everyone who ever helped your son in school! Well, that's what I'm doing next year; you celebrate how you like but CELEBRATE!! Too many kids give up early and your husband should acknowledge his son!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I understand your concern, but you do not have control over what another person does, even if that person is your husband. Try to accept that he has made his decision and that you can't change it. Then set your thoughts on making the day as special for your son as you can possibly make it. Make it fun for him and fun for you. Enjoy the day!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Wow,selfish much? Why is he even bothering to go then? I'd tell him to not bother coming.I can't imagine the embarrassment of people seeing him go,and having to explain where he is! I feel for your son. My mom was mad that I expected her to be at my graduation,and was mad that it took so long! Well,it takes awhile to get 200 students thru the ceremony!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You already asked this. I agree with dh. What's the point of staying for hours after your son walks? He can meet you at the restaurant later and you can take pix then or before the ceremony. I don't think you are pmsing. I think you are being selfish. You want what you want. Sounds childish to me just like it did the first time you asked.
    Anonymous

• I believe you are the same anonymous that posted this same scenario earlier this week. In that question you stated that this how your husband has always been. I understand your frustrations but after 17-18 years you should be accepting of who your husband is. If you can't accept this then perhaps it's time to change the THINGS YOU CAN CHANGE!

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• anon, you sound like a seffish piece of crap, my husband said no to the resteraunt and we can only take pictures after, we are on a tight schedule before that.
    Anonymous

• SAHMiniL2,,,,,,,,what are you saying that I should get a divorse, I've actually been thinking about this, but I don't want to hurt the kids, I'm tired of his selfishness.
    Anonymous

• Geez ladies, give her a break. So she is asking it again. Sounds like she is getting more upset then less upset as the week goes on, and is still looking for and needing support. Im sorry your dh is being a jerk. Make this day as wonderful as you can for your son. Its his celebration, if your dh wants to miss all of it, then thats his loss.
    Anonymous

• I didn't say that...if that's what you think that's what you think. There are things you can change besides your marital status. Attitude towards your husband and situations such as this....some times true acceptance is just being at peace with people for the the way they are, seeing you can't change them. How you come to that peace is totally up to you!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• anon23 here, I meant if he wants to miss some of it, I do realize he is going for part of it. Dont want to get jumped on for appearing not to read post correctly,,,lol
    Anonymous