6 months pregnant and haven't gained any weight! What can I do to gain weight?

Im 6 months pregnant and I havent gained any weight, literally not a pound. Before the pregnancy, I was in great shape so my doctor told me that she expected me to gain 25-30 pounds. Well, like I stated earlier, I havent gained any. I have a belly bump but I dont look 6 months pregnant. Most people dont know that I am expecting and when I tell them and how far I am there mouths just fall open and they stare. I know that I should consider myself lucky but i'm worried about my son's development. We all know how important it is to gain weight and the risks if that goal isnt reached. I want to gain but all my efforts have failed. Any secrets on how to gain?

ShayMama68

Asked by ShayMama68 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Eat alot of fast food!
    Anonymous

• If your uterus is keeping up with the normal measuremtnet and baby looks fine on the ultrasounds, i wouldnt worry.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'm 5 months with my 2nd baby and I too haven't gained any weight at all. And am in the same situation, but my doc said as long as the baby is growing and developing she doesn't mind if I don't gain any weight, as long as I don't lose any more. I've lost over 12 lbs since I've been pregnant and at my last docs appointment she told me not to lose any more but to stay the same. All I can think to do is eat healthy, exercise regularly. Indulge in a milkshake or something once a week? That might help. There's really nothing you can do...some women have a hard time gaining weight and it's out of your control. As long as your baby is growing, he doesn't have to accumulate a lot of fat. Does your doctor seem concerned about his health, or does she just find it odd that you're not gaining weight?
    Anonymous

• Yes - increase your carbs a ton! Live on french fries and baked potatoes! Talk to your doctor about the babies development, with my first DD I only gained a total of 17 pounds (15 of which I gained in the final 6 weeks) but my DD was fine!
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You don't neccessarily have to gain weight, as long as your baby is growing. During this pregnancy I have lost 15 lbs. I am still 10lbs under my starting weight... btw I am 39 weeks
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I forgot to add that with my son i delivered 1 pound heavier that i was when i got pregnant.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• What does your doctor say? I know they say "you can expect to gain blah, blah, blah..." but I lost weight as well, my doctor said that the baby was growing fine, so he wasn't concerned.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i am in my 9th month of pregnancy... i didn't gain any weight (wasn't even showing) until i was almost 7 months pregnant... these past 2 months i have gained the amount they said i should... i "blossomed" as my dr put it. lol! the last trimester is when you should start gaining more. as long as measurements are growing, you're good.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• btw, PLEASE don't eat "bad foods" just to gain weight... any weight you gain should be from healthy foods. just because you would gain weight from eating fast food and starches doesn't mean it's good. it will just make it even harder for you to get rid of the bad weight once you have the baby.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 6:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Talk to your doctor before asking us here! If your body is growing fine, then there is no reason for you to gain extra weight just for the sake of gaining weight.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 7:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010