Petite Woman wth Boobs

I am in my late twenties. 4 feet 11 inches short. 110lbs. 34-36 C.
Multiple pregnancies has led to my utter despise for bras. While pregnant I wear sports bras for comfort and have never really gone back to wearing a real bra...which I also hate. Every couple of days I break out one of my 50 bras that I used to wear and find after a couple hours, I am in agony.

After researching proper fit...I believe my problem is that bras (yes even VS) are not made for a woman of my stature...and "petite" bras are for petite boobies and not a petite frame.

Bras with underwire poke me in the armpit because I'm short. Other bras don't hold my boobs close enough together because of my small frame. Changing band size doesn't resolve this problem as this does not lessen the distance between cups. (safety pins work sometimes)

Aside from paying a fortune for a custom-made bra...what can I do to find a comfy bra so I can feel sexy again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have never had an issue with VS bras.Im 5'2 130 and a 36 DD
    Anonymous

• OP
    Well...you do have three inches on me...
    Anonymous

• Um, I am 5' and wear a 36 C and don't have trouble finding bras? I'm not really sure what to tell you, Your don't sound that much smaller than I am, unless you have an unaveragly small torso. I buy all of mine either at Anchor Blue or Walmart... Sometimes the bra doesn't fit right I will wear a spaghetti strap sports bra over it, it holds them in place better. GL.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• have you tried an unlined bra? without a lining, the cup material is pretty unstructured and "mold" to your natural breast shape instead of trying to stuff it into a predetermined mold. This of course means less "lift" and sometimes nipple outlines with really thin tops, but I find them a lot more comfortable for everyday. I'm 34D-DD and love CK's perfect fit unlined.

your breasts might be a lot closer together than most bras, which pushes that part out even if you're the right size for the cups/band. I've noticed that because of different body shapes, Asian lingerie brands tend to have the cups closer together, although many rarely go above a C cup. This can definitely be something to look into tailoring, to cut off some of that excess band between the breasts to bring the cups closer together so the underwire that curves up in between the breasts can actually fit there.
    Anonymous

• The OP is saying that her rib cage is very small around and the bras don't fit her properly for it.
    OP if you are a 34-36 that means that your rib cage is 34-36 inches around (That number has nothing to do with your cup size).
    You need to get properly measured around your rib cage and find out how many inches it is around, and find a bra with that number around it. If it's a number that is too small to be in stores, then yes, you will probably have to get one made specially for you. It's worth the money for a perfect fitting bra.
    Anonymous

• By the way they have stores specifically made for petite women. They may have bras there that you can wear better. Just google "Stores for petite women" or ask around Cafemom if anyone knows of any. Then google to see if they are in your area.
    Anonymous

• http://www.herroom.com/Wacoal-65342-Custom-Contours-Convertible-Bra.shtml
    Anonymous

• http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4021/is_ISSN_0163-4089/ai_75171034/

The bra that Lily developed - eventually named the X-Bra - has a cord between the cups that a woman can pull to adjust her cleavage. The bra cups can be positioned as much as an inch apart, or much closer together.
    Anonymous

• I'm not much bigger than you are and I wear VS bras - the trick is finding the right style. Go get measured and then have the consultant help you pick out some bras. Yes, it's a little embarrassing having her evaluate how you look, but it really is the best way to find the "right" bra - some of the sales help really know their stuff (ask for an experienced professional)

Answer by missanc at 7:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am 4'11 108# and a 32DD so I have huge issues finding a bra that fits. I have one VS that fits good and other wise I just wear sports bras because they are way more comfortable! Try going to a higher end store like Dillards and getting sized and checking out what bras they have. Good luck, I feel your pain!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010