What's your opinion about the maintenance of school buses in your school?

I was hoping to get any advise on how to request a new bus for our children. A couple of parents have called the Department of Transportation but it seems that the calls/records are sat on a desk somewhere.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you really want to be taken seriously - start fundraising. Also transpo won't have the authority to order a new bus, they can req one, but it will be up to the school board to approve it, so send your letters to the board office. School busses are expensive, very expensive and are usually scheduled into the capital budget, the same budget that large repairs or reno's on the school's themselves come from, so unless there is something seriously wrong with the current bus, I wouldn't be holding my breath. Unless you can raise a lot of funds for it yourselves.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010