Will it hurt to give my 11 month old whole milk?

Will it hurt to give my 11 month old whole milk? I don't want to do the formula anymore because I am trying to get him off the bottle. Any suggestions please feel free to post a reply THANKS

greenery2010

Asked by greenery2010 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you FF fed, the damage is already done. Just don't let him go to sleep with a bottle.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No I started the transition at about 11 months. Just don't switch cold turkey.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wasn't going to do it cold turkey. I started my daughter on milk a couple days before her 1st bday.
    greenery2010

Answer by greenery2010 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I started my son gradually at 11 months old. I first started with one ounce whole milk and 7 ounces formula and every 3-4 days I would add another ounce of whole milk and about 3 days before his first birthday he was on whole milk only. So I don't think it would hurt to give them whole milk but I wouldn't switch it all at once.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

***************

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Children who were formula fed are "damaged"?? You'd better watch what you say lady..those are fighting words!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I can't stand the preaching about BF! Yeah it's better but people need to get over themselves. I couldn't BF. But even if I could and chose not to it would be my business, Jeez OP's question had nothing to do with breast vs. bottle feeding!
    Anonymous

• Yeah um formula is healthy, and more appropriate for a new born than whole milk. Of course breast milk is better, no one debates that but for each person how they feed their baby is their own buisness as long as their baby is fed. She wasn't even asking that, come one now....
    Anyway, yes I did what some of the posters above did, don't switch cold turkey but in a sippy cup, add whole milk to the formula and increase the percentage every few days or so til your baby is drinking whole milk by or before 1st birthday :) good luck!
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Obbydobbie, please get off your broom and if you arent going to help with the question stay off this poor ladies post as well. Sheesh. Anyways! OP, it should be fine. My doc told me i could start slowly at 11 months if i wanted to. :) Good luck!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this dilema. And for you OP how I choose to feed my kids are my business so if you don't have anything productive to say on here leave and I don't want to see another answer from you on my posts. Thank you!!!!
    greenery2010

Comment by greenery2010 (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• THANK YOU AGAIN EVERY ONE MY SON IS OFF THE BOTTLE NOW JUST CUPS AND HE IS ON JUST WHOLE MILK YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME.
    greenery2010

Comment by greenery2010 (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2010