Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unstable Ex

My huband walked out on us last month. He has become increasingly violent in recent months and strangled me, even slammed my blind grandfathers hand in a car door. I was wondering if there is someway to get state supervised visitation? I am worried he will hurt them, the oldest told me he hit her with a belt a couple of years ago. Ive even taken out an E.P.O. to keep us safe for now. Ive filed for divorce because I cant take the abuse any longer. Im just trying to find a way to protect them. I have no objections to him seeing them so long as someone other than his family (who has always been verbally and mentally abusive toward me) is not the on supervising him. I live in Ky.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • call the court and ask how to get supervised visits GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

  • Where I live, even though I had a protection from abuse order against my ex husband, and police reports and domestic violence charges against him from him hitting me in front of our 3yr old 3 different times, there was nothing I could do to get supervised visitation. They told me they only did that, and/or only take away rights, if the father did something to harm the child -- and of course you have to have some record of that. Kind of sucks and seems stupid to me that you can't do anything like until they hurt the child, but thats how it is here. You can contact your court to talk to them about it, but I doubt you'll have much luck which really sucks :(


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

  • try to get it antyay. it will b on record and that may help. gl

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

  • I'd work with the domestic violence shelter and their attorney. Supervised visitation is at a specific court approved agency not with family members in a home.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.