Anyone else saddened by the Anon option being taken away?

I know CM is rebuilding the answers section from the ground up but I'm saddened by having to earn the right to answer anon. That's either going to do one of two things: I'm either going to skip the answers section all together, because I nearly always answer anon; or I'll be forced to answer innocuous questions I really don't care about in order to earn back my ability to stay anon.

I realize there is a problem with rude, snarky women answering anon but there are a great number of us who answer to the best of our abilities without rudeness who just prefer that little bit of extra anonymity.

I think this change will really take away from what makes the answers section so useful. This was just my last understanding of the changes to come so if I am misinformed please update me. I know there's nothing I can really do about change but I was wondering if I was alone in feeling this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I am not interested in "rating" questions and posters . And I don't really care if I give a "best answer" either. All this "best answer" stuff is rather silly,in my opinion. So, now there is a way to earn the right to post anonymously by getting rated as giving a "best answer" ? Wow. I just don't see the need. I am not competitive , I am not trying to give "the best answer".I just want to contribute. ...sigh....I might not be answering very often.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• o i didn't know that. i think it's great. 99% of anon. replies are rude so i guess they will have to make a fake profile to do their rude remarks with or something. imo it's a good idea.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree. I joined the Advice group but they don't allow anon there so I came back here. Not decided what I'll end up doing but I do see where there are other mom sites. I might go there. Sad, been here for years. I wish they'd learn that if it's not broke don't fix it.
    Anonymous

• 99% of anons do NOT post rude remarks. You have no statistical basis on which to make that statement. Making false statements like that is your opinion not fact and just as harmful as a rude post
    Anonymous

•  I usually help but I guess I won't be doing anymore.

Anonymous

• im a chronic anon user, but love they are trying to put in something that may cut back on some of the childish behavior that goes. Im sure whatever they come up with everyone will adjust to just fine... Every time CM, FB, MS, or any other social network changes something everyone kinda complains at first. Then they adjust... CM will notice after launch what is working, and what is not & im sure they fix anything that goes totally wrong...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am looking forward to not having to read snarky, rude anon posts. I feel that cafe mom would be a less drama filled site if ppl had to stand behind their statements. If you're not gonna say it when ppl know who you are then you probably shouldn't say it at all!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Most of the comments that have offended me were not anonymous, but marked with their name. I've answered some anonymously, not because I was being rude, but because other commentor were making hurtful comments to those who disagreed with them and I didn't want to be attacked that way. that's why I've answered anonymously.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You may go to another mom site because it will take time to earn a privelage of posting ANON? ..... Does the other mom site allow you to post anon? ...
    Do you think CM just said hey lets see how we can screw things up for our moms? No.. Obviously they see a problem with sillyness & want to fix it... Im sure alot of their reports they have to deal with are with anons!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I for one think it is about cm did something about the snarky anons, those of you nice anons will just have to earn the priviledge and you will get it back.

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010