Looking for birthday party games/crafts for a 3yo and 6yo girls.

This sunday we will have my girls birthday parties at one time because they were only born 7 days apart. last year i did a little craft using sticker foams and foam visors. it was really cute and it was cheap and appropriate for boys and girls.
I need a good idea for this yr. cheap. easy.

mommy_5831

Asked by mommy_5831 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Michael's has some really cute craft kits - there's one of the foam ones to make leis (flower necklaces but cuter) and another to make little finger puppets, there were more but those were the 2 I bought. They also have some Animal Planet kits that are cute. All are cheap and can be for boys & girls (one of the foam finger puppet kits was bugs, another is animals, there are magnets, etc).
    Anonymous

• you could check oriental trading for crafts too. do you have a theme? those foam craft things are great! games could be musical chairs, pin the something on the something else, water balloon toss, 3 legged race, a pinata is always fun! i love parties : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• familyfun.go.com
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• What about cookie or cupcake decorating? I do marble painting with kids, this is an outside craft. Give the kids a plastic tray w/ a lip around it. Blank bookmarks w/ a hole punched at the top center, or other paper project. Then mix different colors of tempra paint with a little water in little disposable snack cups. put a marble in each color of paint. The kids roll the marbles across the bookmarkers (this is why it needs a lip) & can use as many colors as the want. Then have ribbon or pipecleaners for the kids to put through the hole at the top (to hang out of the book) & have an assortment of beads for them slide onto the ribbon to decorate it. I like the alphabet beads so they can spell their names. Instead of the marbles you can give them strips of string to dip in paint & drop onto the bookmarks. The kids have a great time, just make sure you have paint shirts, or warn parents not to send them in fancy clothes!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oriental trading just sent me their new catalog, you might want to check them out. I found some great ideas for future events I am planning.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 3:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010