Passifire HELP!!!!

I have a 2 month old he crys for his passifire but he can not keep it in his mouth.....the way he sucks it comes right out he wants it so bad i have tryed EVERYONE out there was just hopeing someone had some ideas so he will be happy baby and so i do not have to sit and hold it in his mouth. thanks!

kadenmommy

Asked by kadenmommy at 9:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm i've never heard of a baby not holding his pacifer in his mouth, my son always had a hard time when he fell asleep since it would fall out and he was too little to put it back in his mouth. I wish i had some advice, sorry, Good luck.
    kelka24

Answer by kelka24 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• He probably has tongue thrust and cannot keep it in his mouth. Talk to his doctor. Are you nursing or bottle feeding? Is he doing alright on feeding?
    Anonymous

• My son had issues with the Nuk one, but, could suck the MaM one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Bradenismyson has an excellent point, try a different brand with a different style. If you have done this I'm baffled.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 9:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My 3rd baby couldn't keep one in either. I tried 5 different styles then just gave up. Since she was so young she learned to sleep without it in just a day. She's now 6 months and we don't even own a paci.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My son had the absolute same problem. He was a really lazy eater and couldn't keep the paci in his mouth. The thing that helped us was to change paci brands. We had been trying every kind the store sold, but he turned out to only like the ones we got at the hospital in the first place! Those round green ones.... Don't remember the brand name.......SOOTHIE! That was it! lol Remembered as I was writing. Anyway, we could only get him the NEWBORN soothies because they were softer than the infant size.
    Warning: Once he settled on a particular kind, I still had to stick it out for a little while, holding it at times and giving it back when it fell out of his mouth. You may want to consider (if he's fed with a bottle) switching to a nipple with a smaller hole. That helped my son's mouth strengthen enough to hold it on his own... Good luck, mommy!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i have heard instead of holding it in, try to pull it out as soon as he gets a hold of it. not to hard, just enough to get him to pratice sucking on it untill he has the hang of it. my hubby did this with my youngest. we use the gerber brand. my oldest was like that untill i tried the 100th binky and the gerber one was it. gl, i know it is hard!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thanks and i talked to his doc he eats just fine do not thank its thrust thank you guys!
    kadenmommy

Answer by kadenmommy at 10:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Sorry, I have to...

P A C I F I E R

:)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2010