Why do women marry and/or have children with a man...

whom she knows is an absolute jerk? Is she hoping for him to change, or is it that she is just too young to see or realize what he will be like later on? I see so many questions asking about what to do with the ignorant men in their lives? Didn't they realize this before they chose to have children??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Denial. They want to believe they will change. They want to believe that their spouse really loves them.
    It also could be the spouse changed after they became married and they are hoping their spouse will change back.
    It could be insecurity. The women feels insecure and vulnerable, so she hangs on to the one thing she thinks she's worthy of. Some women stay in abusive relationships because they think they deserve the abuse. They think they've done something worthy of having someone who disrespects them. They're not able to get anything more then that, they believe.

There's a lot of reasons. All of it stems around denial of the situation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You do realize that some people don't show their real selves until after they feel they got you right? I guess you can say your Ignorant on that little fact huh.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Love can be blinding sometimes.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my ex didnt become an asshole until i became pregnant.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• absolutely everything i thought i knew about my hubby before we got married was an absolute lie. from how much money he made to his age and trust me i could go on and on. it's not always about the woman being stupid, and sometimes when you've been duped it's too late by the time you find out the truth
    Anonymous

• i dated my husband for 3 years before we got married, and we are older. i must say our biggest issues now were not even imagined before we were married. we still continue to work on things, and they do get better and some things do get resolved and some things we just learn to deal with better. i dated a man like anon :36, people like that are absolutely shocking!!! i am sorry for you anon :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It is so easy to sell someone a line of bs because they're ready and waiting to swallow it. Then boo hoo they cry ignorance. The person didn't do what they wanted even though all the red flags were out there waving in their faces. They were hoping in the face of reason it would be different for them because they are special or good looking or lost weight or think they deserve better without working for it.
    Anonymous

• On and on I keep reading about the moms with 3-4 kids from an awful deadbeat. Took her that long to figure him out? Anyway, she's now with her new boyfriend, the absolute love of her life and great to her young and innocent kids. Until. He turns out to be Ahole number...
    Anonymous

• "Stupid is as stupid does." Forrest Gump.
    Anonymous

• People change. I've complained about my husband on here. When we first got married he was so sweet and he helped me in the kitchen, wanted to spend time with me and was so doting when I was pregnant with our first 2 kids and then...
    he changed. For years all he did was tease me, make me feel like dirt, refused to help me with the kids or house, ignored me except when he wanted sex and spent all his time playing video games. That culminated in us separating for 6 weeks in 07. When we got back together we both changed. We just celebrated 11 years together (married 10 1/2) and we're about to have our 5th kid.
    He was a supreme jerk for years. I feel lucky that it wasn't a permanent situation for us.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010