UPDATE ON MY FRIEND!!!

To all the ladies who said prayers, thank you. My friend Jo's husband just called and said she is brain dead. I guess he's waiting for her family to see her. We're still hopeful ofcourse but this is so hard. My DD loves her Auntie Jo so much and now she's going to loose her not even 1 month after her daddy went away. She will see her daddy soon but this is so hard. What do I tell her? I know this is n't a P&C question but most of you ladies commented on here so this is where it'll be!

delilahsmom1177

Asked by delilahsmom1177 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• oh my, I read this and my heart sunk a little lower. I am so sorry for you and that poor baby. I will keep praying for you and her. Big hugs:)

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am so sorry for your friend! Thats just AWFUL. My cousins little boy died after something VERY similar. ^yrs old and he had a heart attack from strep in his blood among other factors....but it all played out like a cold or the flu :( Where did her daddy go? (I am sorry I am a little short on your whole back story!) And how old is your daughter? If her daddy will be coming back it will be important to make that distinction! If you are religious it may really help to fall back on your faith on this one and maybe bring a pastor or priest in to help explain and give comfort. Good luck! Its so hard for them (mine are 9 & 10 and they didnt fully comprehend, thank goodness children are SO resilient!) to understand the permanence of it all!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• That should be 6 yrs old.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Her daddy went to jail(please no bashing can not take that right now) he will be out soon but just went in Tuesdayand she's 2 1/2 she doesn't get the whole thing I tried to teach her reancarnation but she's too little. I'm just so upset this woman was awesome. She was opening a spa and her main concern was getting a daycare in there so I can have a job.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Anyone who bashes you in THIS is truly heartless. Sh*t happens. 2 is SO young! My son is 2 (Apr. 4th) we didnt even try and explain about my cousins little boy to him. But they weren't really close. I would keep things VERY simple and just try and repeat the same thing when she asks but not over explain it. She really is too young :( My kids were too young to understand when my grandmother died but we still have a picture of her in the house and they know who she is. I would do something along those lines. Keep a picture out to remember and remind but not focus. God Bless your family right now.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am greatly sorry for you. my mother was brain dead when they pulled the plug on her. Sadly I was only 8 and was told that my mom will be sleeping for a long time and I wont see her again. So tell her goodbye.. Somethings are hard to explain to children and it doesn't get easier. But she will understand when she is older.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Sorry they told us to say our goodbye to our mom. Not refering to JO... Also my brother was 3 at the time and didn't understand when he was older he asked question.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thanks ladies. My DD loves everyone with everything she has. She loves her Auntie Jo and Uncle Mike. She was looking forward to this summer because Uncle Mike told her she could help drive his boat. This woman has such a huge heart and I can not imagine how things will be now. I hope she pulls through!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know how you can explain something like this to a two year old. I would just say that she got very sick and that she won't be coming back. Reinforce the wonderful qualities that you want your DD to remember (although at this age it's hard to know if and what they will remember) and remind her how much your friend loved her. Children are resilient and you may need to find some of your DD's qualities of strength to get you through this loss. I don't know that I would say anything about her dad coming home soon (unless she asks of course) because she could find it confusing as to why he went away and is able to come back, but your friend isn't.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thank you Quinn. I added about her dad because I feel so horrible that in one month her daddy went away and she is now loosing an awesome person in her life. She would always have something for the kids when she came over. Went out and bought her a brand new life jacket for her boat. Added her picture to her kids table ect ect. Delilah was like another child to her. She had no kids of her own so my kids were like hers. Oh yeah and the fact that she was going to give me a job. She was the one opening the spa. How much faith she had in me to actually tell me I'm opening a place and you're hired! Why is it always the awesome people!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2010