Tell me about your hobbies

I need one. Hardcore. But I don't even know where to start. I've dabbled in a few things... painting, crocheting, writing, but never really got into any of those things... probably because I'm not much good at any of them lol.

So, start suggestiong. What do you do in your spare time?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You don't seem to be very interested in actually finding a hobby. With the way that you're turning down suggestions that are given to you. Calling someone's hobby "Lame" isn't very respectful at all. You asked for people's hobbies, not a reason for them to get blasted in the face with insult.

You don't have to be actually good at the hobby for it to entertain you. You have to find something that you enjoy regardless of your talent. It's a hobby afterall not a career.

My hobbies are .. Photography, gardening, taking long walks, reading, listening to music, and sewing. I really like sewing, even if I'm not the most talented sewer. However, I keep doing it because it entertains me and allows me a creative outlet. I'm better at photography and that as well allows me a creative outlet. Walks are stress reduce as is music. Reading allows an escape for me from reality. See, hobbies are for you and entertainment .. not talent.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• garden..... that's about it lmao
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Lame, gardening isn't an option :( My yard is gravel on top of plastic.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• you could do container gardening..... that is just as beautiful and no weeding but you do have to water more
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I love to cross stitch and have several projects on the go.  I also make my own.  I cross stitched a wedding pic for my BFF and I'm designing a montage of my daughters over the years.  But if you are looking for something completely different I also love doing Japanese picture puzzles aka Hanji. 

I have a subscription but you can do them on-line. 

http://www.puzzler.com/

Click on Puzzles, then click on Hanji and follow the prompts.  If you need some help, pm me. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Jazz, I wasn't saying GARDENING was lame, I was saying that the fact I can't do it is lame lol. I like gardening a lot, I have some mint and calla lillies in the back porch in containers, but I can't spend the money on containers, soil and plants right now, and I can't tear up the yard to garden either. I only shot ONE suggestion down, too.

How would I go about learning to do something like cross stitch, etc? I tried to teach myself to crochet but it didn't work very well lol. I can make bracelets and scarves and that's it :p I don't know anyone who does those things.

I DO have a sewing machine. I have only used it to fix hems and reattach the Applix on my daughter's diapers so far lol. But I did make a really elaborate dress once, maybe I should pick that up again. What's a pretty simple, but practical project to start sewing?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Hobbies? MINE? I love to sew. I started out by making some clothing, then moved down the line. It is expensive to sew clothing and you don't save any money. I hate to waste fabric if I mess it up. So quilting works for me. You cut the pieces smaller and then not too much waste. I used to do knitting, crochet, and embroidery. All of which I like but have no real motivation to do b/c my stuff is not that good.
    Quilting works for me b/c I can make a baby quilt in a weekend. A lap quilt is a little larger than that and I can do that failrly fast. It took me years to find my love but I finally do have it full throttle.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Gardening, volunteering , crafts (country), cleaning(i know, but i like it!) organizing, exercizing, and teaching my children
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I also love ballet (advanced pointe) and horse back riding, but neither work while im pregnant..lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010