What is your speciality dish? Would you like to share the recipe?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Its not special. But its easy, fast & yummy. Its my favorite side dish for lunch & family gatherings.
    BowTie Pasta Salad..... Pasta, Italian Dressing, veggies (i usually add celery, carrots, baby tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, mozzerella cheese.. Maybe some pepperoni ..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yummy vegi Dip

1 can black eye peas
    1can pintos
    1 can white corn
    small finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup bell pepper finely chopped
    1/2 cup cellery finely chopped
    tsp salt
    tbl water
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
    1/2 cup of vegetable oil

drain and rinse all canned vegis, mix together in large bowl with chopped vegis.
    bring salt, water, sugar, pepper, apple cider vinegar, and vegi oil to a boil. Stir, remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
    poor over vegis and mix together. place in fridge for a better taste.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i make these crazy good baked beans
    3/4 lb. hamburger
    3/4 lb. bacon (cooked and cut up)
    1 onion
    1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
    1/2 cup ketchup
    1tsp. mustard
    1 can butter beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can pork and beans (your choice on what size.... get a bigger can if you want to make a lot, or a regular can to make 8 servings or so).
    brown up the hamburger, (drain off the fat of course) and onion then just mix it all together in a cassarole and bake on 350 for a hour. i have also made it in the crockpot which turned out good too. they are always a huge hit
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I can't choose just one dish. But it's summer and was at a reunion the other week. In the pasta salad were red kidney beans. I thought, wow, that's a great idea. So the next time I made it I put a can in. Of course, I load my pasta salad up with 3 kinds of cubed cheeses. Onion, celery, red, green and yellow peppers. It just can't be plain old pasta. Have to add lots of yummy stuff to it.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Great summer casserole; peal one or more zucchini squash, an onion, sliced, and a tomato sliced. Layer in casserole dish greased with olive oil. I make mine about 3 layers of each veggie, sprinkle with garlic salt, bake at 350 about an hour; then put layer of cheese over it, my favorite is cheddar but any good 'melty' cheese works, back in oven until cheese melts and is bubbly. We all love it and every potluck I've taken it to it has been a hit. You can add Italian spices or chili pepper for a change.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 10:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Spanish rice surprise

--2 eckerich sausages diced and pan fried
    --4 cups spanish rice
    --2 diced roma tomatoes
    --1 can of black beans and corn
    --1/4 cup chopped cilantro
    --Blackening seasoning

Mix and serve
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• oh yeah..i meant to tell ya to eat with tortilla chips
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• oooh cant wait to try these... I'm just tired of the same ol thing all the time. Thank you for sharing!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It's not really a secret recipe but I make bbq pork ribs that just fall off the bone. You take a large flat jellyroll type pan (with small sides, not a flat cookie sheet just in case anything leaks) line it with heavy duty foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Put the ribs in it (meaty side up), salt, pepper, 1/3c water, and a little BBQ sauce just for flavor. Fold in the sides and top of the foil to make a pouch. Stick your ribs in the oven on 200 for several hours (at least 4) to steam. Turn up to 300 for 30 minutes or until meat is fork tender and nearly falling off bone. Take pan out of oven, drain liquid from foil, fold foil down flat to pan to expose ribs, baste with sauce, stick under broiler to caramelize.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2010