Driving me crazy!

Why do teenagers have to lie so much. This little girl, 17, just lied dead in my face. She has been on the phone, with i believe an older man, I'm gonna have her dad check out the number, for an hour and a half, I asked her, who have you been on the phone with all this time, she tells me her mother(she's my stepdaughter) the number was a illinois number, her mom lives in missisip, I say thats not your moms number, she says my cousin, i let her leave out without saying that's not his number either. We had been gettin along pretty well, but now she's starting to be sneaky and lyin. It really blows my stack when someone looks me dead in my eye and lies like that. aaaaaaaaagggggggg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• First of all, not all teenagers are liars.
    However, to more directly speak of your point .. You need to confront her. You need to let her know how important her honesty is to you and that you trust her to tell the truth. That her lying will ruin your relationship as it will destroy your trust in her. She needs to come clean and she needs to be honest with you about it. Regardless of how you get her to be honest. Be the adult in this situation and stay calm and be civil, but don't let her get away with lying to your face. Or at all for that matter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• someone once said.... how do u know a teenager is lying?? they r openning thir mouth to talk!!! GL
    Anonymous

• i would confront her in a non threatening manner. as much as it may irritate you dont let her see that. just let her know you are concerned and know she is lying and would like the truth.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't think it's your business. Not bashing, just saying.
    Anonymous

• op- I am tryin so hard to calm down, I know she's in there thinkin she got away with it. I want to confront her, what would be the nonthreatening way?
    Anonymous

• op- It is my business, when we just went through an episode with her sneaking guys in here while our 11 year old son was here and she met one guy on the internet. I want to know who she's inviting in our house.
    Anonymous

• girl my 15 year old son lye's all the time and thats why my son can not get on the phone or go to any bodys house ! i keep my son on a leash at all times untill he can learn to tell the truth ! so i make my son do house work ! and if he smarts off to me i slap his mouth !
    Anonymous

• op-she has such a bad and negative attitude that she doesn't have any friends. If they say something goofy or act silly she talks about them so they don't want to be around her. I've been tryin to talk her out of judging people so much,but she's stubborn. I've been tryin to help her get a job, but when she goes to being sneaky it just irks me. She needs to get out because she's bored and has know friends but she is flocking to older men who, i guess are paying her some attention. But she is doing the wrong thing, and i try to tell her that but i'm just stepmom, i don't know anything and I try to keep her busy because I know she's lonely. But she is soo negative.
    Anonymous

• In most states 17 is an adult, so good luck , and prayers! Im from Missouri (st. louis) and 17 is a legal adult!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2010