Pagan Sisters & Fellow Witches... (soon to be PIOG)

I am finishing up this weeks article for my blog, it's all about the basics of herbology (very basics, as to not overwhelm the reader). However I would like to start with individual herbs next week.

So, what are your favorite herbs to work with both medicinally and magickally? And Why?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well sage of course lol. But for some reason I'm drawing a blank right now on any others!
    Anonymous

• i dunno but i'll be reading your blog! :)
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Eucalyptus, cinnamon, rose(hips,etc), rosemary.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Chamomile  Allspice, Marjoram LOL like anon said Sage. Just a few here i would list more but it's early and i have had no coffee LOL

autumnsunris113

Answer by autumnsunris113 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• One you may want to research just because it's the heart of some controversy lately - damiana. My state is trying to ban it and calling it "synthetic marijuana" (apparently not understanding what the word "synthetic" means, but they're only politicians, we can't expect too much). I have recipes for it that basically make something close to a mead or liqueur, and I know there are several ritual preparations for it. Sounds like it may be harder to buy/grow if these people get their way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• One you may want to research just because it's the heart of some controversy lately - damiana.

~~~~~

Is this the same herb that goes by the name of K-2? Because K-2 is an herb they are trying to ban where I live. We have a police force for a small village area of just over one square mile, and the Police Chief has sent e-mails to parents waring them about this herb and he has been on television talking about k-2, I don't know the real name of the herb he is referring to. They say it's like marijuana, and some drug stores sell it under the heading of potpourri for $40 once.  Just curious.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Hyssop. It doesn't get much attention in the English speaking world.

Damiana is not going to get anyone high. That is the dumbest waste of tax $ ever.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I make a lot of tea for remedies. One of my favorites is muellen. It is a non-narcotic pain reliever.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 9:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't know all the names they sell it under, but this is one of the stories from it hitting the news:
    http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20100527/News01/5270344/0/NEWS01

(so do I have to "earn" adding links now, too or is it just impossible to find?)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:36 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I make a cream out of
    Arnica-anti inflamatory
    Cayenne- Pain reliever
    Willow bark- both anti inflamatory and pain reliever
    and basic no scent no thrills lotion

It works wonders on my carpal tunnel, scoliosis, and my moms arthritis
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2010