How can i tell my exhusbands mother to stop waking my baby up whenever she sees him it gets him off schedule and then im here with a cranky baby?

mommy3.0

Asked by mommy3.0 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• how bout "please don't wake him up, it makes him cranky" just be straight with her
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• oh but i have i say he has a schedule, hes 3 weeks old and she wakes him up and takes him out of his swaddler and ugh it irritates me cause she doesnt listen!
    mommy3.0

Answer by mommy3.0 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• How about telling her to call first and if he is asleep you can tell her to wait until he wakes up?

Answer by admckenzie at 10:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• HES YOUR BABY> SPEAK UP AND SAY NO PLEASE DONT DO that/////////. u can hold him when he wakes up!!
    Anonymous

• how often does she do this? sometimes the love of a grandma is worth a bit of fussiness. try not to get in fights with her, she may be a really wonderful part of your baby's life. i have seen many daughter in law mother in law issues that end so badly, and it is sad for the baby. there is no love like a grandma's love. maybe your ex should explain it to her. let him tell her to do things differently, yo should not come across as the bad guy!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my son is only 22 days and all he does is sleep. she simply doesnt want to listen to me, i say he sleeps alot and she still wakes him up. i think i have been very kind to my exhusband and his family but they continue to not bend for me ever though i bend for them. i simply dont understand why she wakes him up when i say no too! i say keep him in his swaddler and she doesnt. i am just fed up with them. i mean i thank God that they are good grandparents but they need to respect the fact that i am the mother and i just dont know how to get that through their head.
    mommy3.0

Answer by mommy3.0 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• He is 22 days old. She isnt going to mess up his sleep that much, if at all. All they do is sleep and trust me when i say his schedule is going to change. I have been there trust. Im a single mom so I understand about schedules and keeping them like that so you can get sleep, but seriously I honestly think your just being cranky. Not to judge you or anything, but he is 2 weeks old. He aint that cranky. Now you try doing that to a 1 yr old and you will see the difference in cranky. Let her be grandma right now, he is young and new and they are excited. It will wear off.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Let the baby make his or her own schedule. They will let you know when they are hungry, need to be changed or held, etc. Every baby is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 24, 2010