Pregnancy & Labor....

How is it that our bodies innately know how to create a perfectly formed human being with millions of physiological complexities to function perfectly, that we know how to nourish and support this masterpiece that we have created for an entire 9 months. Then, when it comes to releasing our babies through labor and birth, we've let others convince us that we need manipulation, interference and drugs?
-Natural Childbirth

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 1. Someone peoples bodies wont go into labor on its own. ( cervix doesn't open)
    2. Some baby are too big to get out.
    3. Some babies go into distress in the womb and need to get out.
    4. Some women can have panick attacks and wont know what to do
    5. Some women have medical condition in which the brain can function with the pain and cause them to have seizure, stroke or fainting.
    6. Just because they did it many years ago doesn't mean we should stop our medical development and go back.
    7. Just because some people back in the days did it natural and made it doesn't mean all mom's did.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i agree to a point.. i can see where some people would need an epi or a c-section but some storys make me think... like when dr gives a c-section for no good reason other than to speed things up and the fact that he would get paid more for it.. In my case my water broke but i never went into labor so my mid wife had me put on an iv with pitocen but i did not get the epi. I think its selfish to just get an epi so you dont feel pain... do you think labor isnt as painfull for your baby as it is for you???
    staceybear23

Answer by staceybear23 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• idk, but according to your theory i guess my body wanted to hold onto my babies forever..... maybe my body is not as smart as yours since my cervix refused to open?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• luckily a mid wife will be delivering my baby :)
    Anonymous

• i find it crazy that people waste money on childbirth classes. the body knows how to give birth. it's been doing it by itself for millions of years. so why do women think they need to learn how to do something the body already knows how to do
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Hmm, how is it that our bodies inately can be bombarded by diseases that hundreds of years ago people died from, but now we live, that we suffer from injuries that would have killed a person, but survive, that man used to loose their teeth, but now we keep them?

Oh, wait--it's called technology!!!

And thank God for it or I would have lost my babies as apparently, my body does not like to keep them in long enough!!!
    Anonymous

• there is also an increase of of medical problems in women that many years ago those women wouldn't be able to have children. I agree with ANON 10:31 thank goodness for technology. Just because some people did it natural doesn't make you a better mom.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 10:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• listen here, I have a heart condition called wolf parkinsons white, If I do not get an epidural, I can have severe heart problems such as murmurs, heart attack, and stalled heart from the stress, which in turn will effect the baby's health! If not for modern "interferance" I would not make it thru childbirth! So before you judge, maybe you should think about how those horrible technologies help people! But according to you, I am better off risking my baby's life and going natural! Then I would possibly die, and my child would be without a mother! GENIOUS!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• PS i did it naturally once, and I had a fever of 106.3, and seized due to my heart not getiing enough blood thru from overworking it! Think before you judge!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2010