why does it seem like no one listens to the pedi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• If you aren't listening to your pediatrician then you obviously are not going to the right one. You should respect your pediatricians medical advice and know that they are current in their beliefs. If you dont agree then find one you do trust. Parents make the mistake of believing crap they find on the internet rather than trained professionals whose job it is to do what is best for a childs health.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• PEDI ?
    Anonymous

• I listen to mine, she's a trusted resource and the first one I call if I am concerned about my kids health. The Internet doesn't know my children.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Unless you mean pedicurist - I listen to him too, he makes good color choices for me! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i assume you are talking about the pediatrician, not a pedicure right? lol. but honestly drs. are just human and you can't take their word as gold. you have to use your judgement as a mother too.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I listen, I take their advice, I research and then I make the chice that I believe is best for my children. Doctors are not the be all and end all, a lot of them aren't very current on recent information either so it never hurts to investigate a little further.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My opinion is that pediatricians are human and some dont even have kids. What they are telling you is their opinion, text book information or research which is general information, but all children are different. I would trust the word of a grandma who raised 7 children and 5 grands,first.. I also trust my own motherly instincts.
    When i have a problem or questions, I call my mom or grandma. If they say call the pedi, then I do.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I haven't been to a pediatrician since I was twelve. My daughter has never met a pediatrician.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2010