Teen prostitution? Please help!

I am trying to raise my neice, Savannah (Vanna for short) due to her mother's heavy drug use. I've been her sole provider since she was 8 years old. I work part time at a tattoo parlor taking calls and scheduling appointments to support the both of us. I fully support Vanna's ability to express herself through clothes and piercings, but I made a discovery that I think is way to far off the deep end. I was cleaning her room when I had a day off, when she was "out with friends." I found a storage box with a three ring binder of explicit pictures of her, different address and phonenumbers of men and women from her age as high as 18, and a collection of adult toys, sexy outfits, and marijuana. I'm not sure if prostitution or "booty calls" is what she is doing, but I have NO idea whatsoever how to handle it. I can't really ground her because the hours I work give her time to be out of the house with nobody noticing. PLEASE HELP.

SadieJade

Asked by SadieJade at 10:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• beat that ass! whoop it real good...i would.
    Anonymous

• TAKE HER WITH U IF U CAN ! IF NOT HAVE SOMEBODY TO WATCH HER !
    Anonymous

• I would be dragging her to the doctor for a full load of std testing for sure! I wouldn't even know where to begin about the rest of it.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• YEA BUST THAT ASS REALLY GOOD AND HARD !
    Anonymous

• I've had her tested already, we get tests pretty frequently because I have personally caught her having sex three times.
    SadieJade

Answer by SadieJade at 10:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• sounds like she could use some counseling. talk to her school and see if they have one she can talk to.
    Anonymous

• I think you need to have a long talk with her about self respect and self worth. Ask her why she's doing what she's doing. Maybe she feels like she has to in order to get the things she wants. Maybe she doesn't think she deserves any better. How old is she? Do you have other children in the house?
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Please find a therapist who works with teen prostitutes

Answer by rkoloms at 6:30 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It sounds like she could have self-esteem issues, finding her worth in other people because of their want or desire for her. Could be something completely different but I know a lot of girls like this - myself included. I would definitely talk to her and see if you can find out what is happening. She'll probably be upset you found her stuff, she may be defensive but I wouldn't yell or scream let her know you are worried and want to help. Let her know she is worth more than that, find out why she is doing and I would highly recommend counseling. I would also suggest if you can take her to work with you for awhile so she knows you are serious about your disapproval or hire a baby sitter to keep an eye on her (mayb going to a Big Sisters association or something)
    Good Luck - I can't imagine what you must be feeling.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would try to rember how tough her life was,and make an apt,for a Dr and a therpst,to help her befor she ends up with an std or with a baby or both
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010