Has anyone heard of this, my 13 yr old son & eating problems?

He has been holding his food in his cheeks like a chipmunk & has a hard time swallowing? I think it may be something psychological but just wondering if anyone else heard of this issue. He has been brought to a dr about checking out his throat & nothing is wrong.

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• never heard of it but after taking my kids to doctors for some odd things they do, and finding out they are fine, maybe just see how long he does it for, like has it been going on for a month or a year? is he getting enough food? does he look thinner? maybe weigh him every week, if he's not losing weight, tell him he can't have that much food in his mouth, it's impolite to eat like that and people don't want to see it....and you are one of those people. if he touched it to his nose or chin before he ate it, you'd say something wouldn't you? it's a tick or habit he's picked up. my brother used to repeat everything he said or at least the last word of a sentence...he's fine and always has been, it went away after a while.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 9:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• HES JUST PLAYING WITH HIS FOOD TELL HIM TO QUIT OR BUST THAT ASS !
    Anonymous

• Its not incredibly common but its possible for a boy to have an eating disorder. Is he a sensitive young man? Are his classmates making fun of hm? Is it stress? Does he have acid reflux and maybe it is irritating for him to eat? Good luck with this try to some answers from his school counselor maybe
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I've thought about you guys today I hope you are able to figure something out and help him
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Do we eat food we dont like will it is a way our kids control what thay eat my kids do the same I do not let them have snack if thay dont try something new.
    christine121

Answer by christine121 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010