What cartoons are banned from your 10 yr old watching?

I know there is cartoons on cartoon network that I don't think are very appropriate.

MinnieMouse8

Asked by MinnieMouse8 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Anything on cartoon network. That channel is blocked. I hate spongbob or other cartoons that are that stupid, so I don't allow that one either. I'm sure she watches somethings at friends or when she is with her dad (not often), but she knows where I stand on them and why, which is important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't know what channels they are on but I don't allow family guy, futurama, and the one with the dentist guy in the rv. And nothing on "adult swim" but those shows are not supposed to be for kids anyway which is why they are on so late.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• anything adult swim..for my 5 yr old...anything else is cool with me. For all i know he may watch adult swim when i go to bed though. Yes, i do allow him to watch tv in bed through the summer and stay up as late as he wishes.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't ban anything in my house. I will talk about things with them. Kids will hear about everything form friends and I would rather it was introduced by me. Yay SouthPark.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• shay, for real you let your 5yo watch adult swim? wow, but anyway, iagree with bloobird and add in the simpsons too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Haha..uh, heck almost nothing has been banned since birth at my house. Porn and some hardcore scenes like shooting oneself in the head or The Shining and It...other than that, we prefer to watch all things and discuss. They learn in their parents presence and learn how to deal and understand things. Sheltered kids do not always make better adults. I believe in this statement: We should be worldproofing our children instead or trying to childproof the world.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• And yes, that means Adult Swim from a very young age...like before 5. Even horror movies at age 3. And, even watched Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet on stage at 6. We are very open in my house.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i said i would ban anything adult swim...but for all i know he may be watching as we speak. Its really not all that bad. really.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My child is far from sheltered. She can school most adults on safe sex, violence, abuse, and any other social issues. But she doesn't need to watch trash on TV for me to talk to her about it. She sees enough of that crap in daily life.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• honestly the only cartoon i've ever banned was the backyardigans...and thats because they are a bunch of idiots that don't know how to speak.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010