My 4 1/2 yr old is acting like a baby, what do I do?

I have 3 kids, 4 1/2 yr old daughter, 3 1/2 yr old son, and 1 1/2 yr old daughter. My oldest has been acting like a baby. She is wanting to drink out of cuppies, crys all the time and doesn't want to list. She even came out of her room last night wearing a diaper and said she is a baby and doesn't want to use the big potty or be a big girl any more. I am not sure why she is doing this, the other two haven't been acting any differantly except for the fact that my sone is listening better and doing what he is supposed to do for the most part. She is also doing more hitting kicking and making her brother and sister cry just for the heck of it. I don't know what to do, I have tried giving her her own room, spending more time with her, letting her do more big kid stuff, and letting her help with the cooking and things she askes to help with, What should I do? I am at a loss and need to fix this.

GayleT148

Asked by GayleT148 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• GIRL U NEED TO BUST THAT ASS !
    Anonymous

• I feel for you, I have 7 kids and I've had my share of one or another acting up! I would just tell her something like this " you are NOT a baby, you are a BIG girl and you WILL act like a BIG girl and you WILL do as your told and be nice or you WILL be punished!" I have 4 year old daughter and she is old enough to understand that there is good behavior and bad behavior and when she doesn't follow the rules she will be punished. I am not bashing you in any way but you have to stop spoiling her and put your foot down, you are the Mom, you make the rules and she needs to follow them! I have been where you are and it's not fun but it will get better, you have to enforce your rules but don't let it turn into a dictatorship home. Don't forget even on her worst days after the bad time is over and the punishment served, make sure you have fun with her and make sure she knows you love her!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• my 4 year old does this but usually when hes sleepy
    stacy1403

Answer by stacy1403 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 24, 2010