Have you seen Dear John?

I know I am a day late and a dollar short for when this movie was popular, but I just finally watched it last night after hearing from so many people how great it was and I was sorely disappointed. I wanted a mushy, romantic chick flick with a warm, fuzzy ending and all I kept thinking about was how moronic both the characters were halfway through. The girl was a jerk and the guy was an idiot for letting it slide years down the road. Why in the world are so many people fans of this movie? It is not a beautiful love story in my book.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I watched it because my DF requested that I do. He went on and on about how great it was. I agree with you, I don't think it's what everyone made it out to be. My DF was actually disappointed I didn't like it as much as he did.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• NEVER SAW THE MOVIE !
    Anonymous

• Well, Nicholas Sparks bases his books on real people...people he knows.He writes about real things, not the warm fuzzy happy endings that are just fairy tales,you know. I cried and cried and felt for all of them. Life is not always wonderful, you know.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I read the book. It was a great book. I don't know if I want to see the movie since the book was so good. I like in eastern NC and know so many of the towns and places Sparks uses in his books. My home town was in Nights in Rodanthe. That is just so awesome to read his books, like the Notebook, and know your husband use to live in New Bern and knows where Sparks is talking about.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• ***live in***
    jesse123456

• As a military wife, I would not torture myself with that movie! JMHO!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2010