I'm 20 wks today with 1st baby... haven't really felt any consistent movement... usually when my hubby pokes or talks to my belly and that's it... should I be worried, is it just too early, is my baby lazy (haha)? What do you think?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 11:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it's too early to worry about that stuff, and some babies don't move alot anyhow (my first two would move maybe 5 times a day if they were feeling energetic lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my baby only moves at night when i'm trying to sleep. the rest of the time she's sound asleep. just relax.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• as long as you feel him or her every once in a while at this point it's fine. you will start noticing it more and more.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• it depends on your size and the placement of the placenta, with my 1st i was very thin and could feel her early, i woulndt worry about movenet untill a little later!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 11:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I read that when you're thin (weight) you feel more than when you're heavier. Also, when it's the first you misread the squirming of your baby for gas or cramps. My cousin was about 40lbs overweight with her third and she felt him kicking by 14weeks! (she had three pregnancies back-2-back-2-back)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• 20 weeks is still pretty early... due to my own personal "cycle" issues I didn't realize I was even preggo until I was 18 weeks, so I didn't feel a thing until a few weeks after that... things will probably start picking up shortly, and then when you're trying to go to sleep you'll wish baby was being lazy again, lol
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010