When you realize that your BF is not really your BF anymore.......

How do I politely tell my best friend of 22yrs that I want to dump her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• you don't.... you just stop talking to her as much and eventually you will grow apart
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• it really depends on what happened....
    Anonymous

• you don't, you just start hanging out less, don't call as often, ignore her calls sometimes...you just let it fade away. I've done this with one of my former friends - we just didn't really have anything in common anymore & I didn't agree with a lot of the decisions she was making...I could never bring myself to hurt her by telling her I couldn't be her friend anymore
    Anonymous

• i had a best friend to, I needed support and she was to busy with her new life. I was really upset and posted a question and people said that I was wrong and I was being selfish. I have not talked to her for about 6 mths now. I am just not ready yet.
    Anonymous

• I agree with #1. I tried this but it took too long to cut ties and a whole dramatic scene occurred and then it was clear that we were not going to be friends anymore. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree, distancing yourself more and more over time will work.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:05 AM on Jun. 24, 2010