help my 4 year wont listen

hello moms ...
i have trouble with my four year old baby girl she is to hpyer and i know what your going to say let her be a kid i do trust me but she will yell in stores i have to leave cuz she will make a scen. i love her so much ..and i do talk to her and tell her what she is doing wrong and i even have a spot that its her time out i take toys away everything and nothing am i just a bad mom that cant take care of her kid ....help anyone

nikki78045

Asked by nikki78045 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• No I dont think you are a bad mom, but you need to set boundaries and be consistent. Consistency is the key. You cant say, no dont jump on the couch today and them tomorrow let her do it. it will teach her that she can get away with it sometimes. Children at this age seek attention and you cant feed into her attention. She is 4 and when she is acting out in a store, pull her to the side or take her to the bathroom and get really firm and serious with her. Ask her what her problems is, how can it be solved and tell her mommy needs to do this and you are a big girl and you should be able to go through the store and not cry. allow her to take a roll. Maybe walk beside you as you push the cart. Help you put stuff in the cart. My daughter is 2 1/2 and wooo her behavior is not the best but it is getting better. I also dont plea with her when she is crying, I tell her to use her words or i cant talk with her.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Your daughter needs to understand what the rewards are for good behavior and what the consequences are for bad behavior. You need to be consistent with rewards and punishments.

Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves by Naomi Aldort is an amazing book. You can learn more at http://www.naomialdort.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2010