register for school?

My son is almost 3. Do I need to sign him for kindergarten at a certain school (not now- but in the next year or so?) How do I get my kid into a school? Do cities send out application forms, or do I need to persue this on my own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• no, you have to do it on your own. kindergarden is for 5yo and you will need to go to the school and register him the summer before he will be starting school. you can call the school board to see what school he will be attending and they will give you the phone number to the school. they will tell you when they are opening the registration and what you will need to bring. like everything else.... it's alot of paperwork lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It depends. If you're planning on sending him to a public school then listen to what the AP said she is correct. If you are planning on sending him to a private school/charter school etc then you need to find a school that you like, if you need it apply for financial aide, get on the waiting list if there is one and find out what you need to do. My son is in private school and I registered him a year early and they had readiness testing in the Spring. I heard that public schools might not have the tests but its a good idea to call and ask the secretary at a school nearby you if they do and which school your child would attend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• All i know is that in the military, you go to the school, and register your child, bring proof of residency, military orders to post, vaccination record, and birth certificate! You have to do that on your own, and only a 5 yr. old can go to kindergarten, and on post a 4 year old cn attend 1/2 day pre-K at the same school! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Homeschool them and then you don't have to worry about it
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 24, 2010