Are you more likely to find love if you are looking for it or if you are just trying to live your life?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• definately when you are just trying to live your life

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I like the whole idea of "leave it to fate". I say live your life. I certainly wasnt expecting to meet my husband when my friend set up with my husband. I just met him for fun.

Answer by lowencope at 12:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i found love when i was specifically trying to keep it away lol. i guess it just found me when i was minding my own business

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I found mine when I "swore" I was sick of guys and quit dating!!!!! He started just as my friend then was my best friend then feelings went from there... We have been together 9 years now and married 6 and have beautiful children together! GL hun!

Answer by hotrodmomma at 12:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• absolutely when you're just living life

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I met SO when i was happy to be alone and ready to spend more time doing things alone (traveling, etc). So yeah, I met him when I least expected it.

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I think it's more common to occur when you LEAST expect it. Looking at every guy/girl you meet or see as potential date material makes us act differently and likely scares them away. When you're just bein yourself and inadvertently letting the person see the real you THAT'S what sometimes attracts them! Does that make sense? My brain is addled lately...

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• OH YES, when you are trying to live your life BIG TIME! Every relationship of mine happened when i was trying to live my life alone...then this man would always pop up mushing up my brain when it doesn't need to be MUSH!

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:31 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Just coasting through life.

Answer by rio_burb at 8:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I don't think you can generalize the right way to find love in your life. For me, when I was single, I wanted to be with someone. It was hard not to feel that it was an important part of my life that was missing. I couldn't just live life and pretend it didn't matter. I was lonely. So for me, I joined and met my husband that way. I would definitely say I was "looking" for a relationship and made it happen. However, I am a very active person and was doing lots of other things in my life too so that wasn't my sole goal.

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 24, 2010