tips for losing weight after pregnancy? i just had a baby 6 weeks ago and i feel like an ugly fat woman fuul of stretch marks. hopefully my husband still finds me attractive.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think i answered another post like this earlier lol. but anyway, i did 1200 calorie diet and moderate exercise. i lost my baby weight within 6 months and breast-feeding helped it come of quicker (i didn't have to exercise as much). the stretch marks are there forever, but they will fade over time. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Blahhh I know how you feel. Well if you are breastfeeding, that should help some, but I did Weight Watchers. I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant. 20 of it came off within days of having my son, and I lost another 10 a week of so later without me doing anything. I started Weight Watchers in the beginning of April and I have lost 20lbs. The last 10 have been really tough to get off so I'm going to start working out to try and break it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I BF and did the same diet I did while I was weight training. If it took you 9mos to gain the weight, it'll probably take that long to loose it (if you're not BF).

Try WW as mentioned above. I was on it at another time when i gained 20lbs and kept it off. It helped me :)
    If you have the money, get a trainer and follow the diet they give. It is WELL WORTH THE MONEY! (of course if you don't cheat yourself :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:54 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• i lost all 20 pounds i gained in about a week after i gave birth... i think i got more stretch marks from losing weight then actually gaining.. so try not to lose them so fast :(

but i agree with other posters! weight watchers!! :) my dad did them an really liked it! good luck!!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• If you're breastfeeding you shouldn'y ever put yourself on a calorie restrictive diet especially not one that is below 2500 calories. It's dangerous for your baby, you're only six weeks PP give yourself some slack. Drink water all day, getting a proper amount of water can help you lose weight. Eat whole granola cereal for breakfast it's good and good for you and it'll keep you full but the best advice I've ever gotten is just eat to your hunger. Snack on fruit or dried fruits and whole grains simple things like that will help you out and they'll help change your lifestly choices also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010