Got an idea for me??

Hubby and I are looking to start a new hobby together. Wether its just for us two, or as a family including my 2 and 5 year old, we are open to some suggestions.

He tends to lean more towards the outdoorsy stuff, like fishing, hunting, boating, and camping.

Me, not so much, lol. I prefer home decorating/ improving, excercising, going for walks with the kids in the wagon, painting, shopping, oh you know, all the money sucking things lol.

So what are your hobbies, individually, or as couple?? Any and all ideas will be considered!

Thanks ladies!

Lipstk713

Asked by Lipstk713 at 1:19 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• How about you combine both of your interests? You could say go fishing and you take pictures of the event and scrapbook them. We have fun doing this and knowing I'll have a super cute page makes me enjoy crap I dont enjoy more lol. Its a compromise!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I am not married. But, i like putting puzzles together. It's fun, and very time consuming. But, a lot of fun. You and your hubby might think about taking some exercise classes together or painting a room in the house. Or, fixing something together, or he could take you fishing and both of you could camp out together and kill several birds with one stone....if ya know what i mean?.....lol

Good luck. Nice to hear that couples are doing hobbies together. Let's me know some marriages are still working at least!...:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• You two must like each other an awful lot....lol... My husband's hobby is golf and mine is writing. We see each other enough as it is!!

If your hubby is a hunter I'm assuming he's not afraid of guns...if you aren't you guys could join a range and take up shooting maybe. That's one thing my hubby and I have in common and once he get's his firearms licence I wouldn't mind hittin the range with him but we have 2 small kids so...I think that'll have to wait!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:03 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• My ex and my kids go "Geocaching" - they use a compass to find treasures that others have hidden; each location they find has coordinates to another location. They have a great time doing it! If you google geocaching and your area you should be able to find a starting point.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:47 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• How about game night, or a bowling league or fishing or golf or nature walks?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• we like to do all kinds of famil hobbies! We love going to the river and swimming with the kids, fishing, park time, and the zoo! The zoo rocks! We only go when we go home to St. Louis though! The St. Louis zoo is free, because we pay a tax for parks, so that is the best!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Seriously, and Im not blowing smoke up your stacks, but all of these were such great ideas!!! And while some seemed "obvious" to most of you im sure, a little bell went off in my head like "duh, why didn't i think of that?!" thank you so much ladies.. I know I can count on my fellow CafeMommers for just about anything =)
    Lipstk713

Comment by Lipstk713 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Jun. 24, 2010