Are redheads a different "race"?

A question brought up by my 28 year old nephew HE'S not redheaded, but I and several other family members are. He stated he thinks so, because we are in some subtle way "different" from other people. What do YOU think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Jun. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I don't think so. It's just a hair color. We're a family of redheads... my husband is a redhead, my hair is reddish, and we make redheaded babies (because a recessive gene and a recessive gene makes red hair lol). But we're the only ones in our families.

Anyway, I don't think we're much different from any other caucasians, except we burn even more easily lol. Besides, doesn't a race have to have some sort of ethnic identity, and not just show up randomly through generations?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Yes! We are superior! Bow down to us!

:p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Lol, Beautee, Zeig Heil! :p
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• (bowing) LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:33 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• It's very empowering to walk into a room and be the only redhead. Most people notice us first..
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Hey hey, Beautee! YEP we're different and superior!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:46 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Oh and has anyone here heard about the natural redhead convention in Seattle the 17th of July? Anyone here going? They are trying to get 3000+ and will take an ariel photograph at 3 pm, with a copy for everyone who attends. For details search "Redheads and More Redheads".
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• pagan... that is soooo awesome! I wish I could go!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I wish I could go to Seattle.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• are you talking about gingers or real redheads. there is a difference. ginger is actually considered a genetic mistake, much like albinism, that happened millions of years ago with the low pigmented skin that was sensitive to the sun and prone to freckles and the orange hair. real red heads on the other hand have a natural dark red hair and normal pigmented skin and are more commonly from scotland or ireland. a lot of people don't know that there is a difference
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2010