what do u do when your husband is away on a trip...

Asked by flutterbybem at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I enjoy the time with the girls; cook healthy girly meals he won't eat; leave my ear plugs on the nightstand and sleep with my head at the top of the mattress!

Answer by manna1qd at 12:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• usally have a GIRLS NIGHT OUT!!! my parents are always wanting to see my baby boy. so i usually go over there and spend the day or let him spend the day with them and get some me time or me time with my girls.

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• My ds is away doing a security job again. I'm a sahm, alone with the kids. I love and value these years (that strangers tell me I will never get back). I focus on them these weekends by attending free and low cost local events, lots of parks and picnics, going to the library, getting a pool pass (that was the best purchase because I can justify shorter times due to bad weather, conflicting scedules, and the cost being already paid). The nights are what get to me. He doesn't call at all! It isn't like he's working 24/7! Going online helps me feel not so caged. Also I gave myself a manicure, pedicure, and a few pages of my scrap book.

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I have hobbies, like wood burning and painting. My hubby worked off on jobs and sometimes gone for 3mos at a time. So you can only clean for so long before you want to scream. So I make gifts for people like b-day's or christmas. Saves money for those special occasions and takes your mind off being alone more. Also, try signing up for cake decorating classes if you like to cook at michal's or something. Check your local paper for community events to participate in.

Answer by bandit85 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• The kids and I do something like go out to eat, head to the movies and just hang out. I also find time to read and work on crafts I enjoy.

Answer by luvorange at 12:25 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I stay up late and play on CafeMom!

Answer by sondrajoy at 1:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I work and go to school just like I always do. I may take some time to read a new book or two.

Answer by AKEllen at 2:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• really don't know because my husband doesn't go on trips

Answer by sniyah at 12:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2008